The Production Red Thread!

Do you like production reds?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love my Production reds! They are so sweet! They come when I call, jump onto my arm and hand and shoulders and are easily held! They are beautiful and sweet! I've been letting them roam during the day and they are so easy they go back into the coop when I point to it and start shutting the doors! They come up to me and follow me(not aggressively or trying to flog me).

I love my production red. Her name is dodo and I don't really know how old she is but I do know that she was a battery hen. She also has a broken beak.
WP_20170121_10_52_40_Pro.jpg

I said I have two rhode island reds but actually I have one RIR and one production red. They look almost alike but my production red ( Hoppy is her name) is much friendlier than the RIR. What is the difference in the two? I never knew for sure.

I have had production reds and red stars and I think they have the same personality. Red stars have an excellent disposition and I think production reds might be like that too.

I said I have two rhode island reds but actually I have one RIR and one production red. They look almost alike but my production red ( Hoppy is her name) is much friendlier than the RIR. What is the difference in the two? I never knew for sure.
RIR is a specific breed and production red is a hybrid of a red breed mixed with a red breed and some leghorn. To get the red coloring but produce more eggs, hints the name, Production Red.

RIR is a specific breed and production red is a hybrid of a red breed mixed with a red breed and some leghorn. To get the red coloring but produce more eggs, hints the name, Production Red.
Thank you for the info!

Back
Top Bottom