The Quacki Campbell Thread

Pics
Did anybody else think that their ducklings were another breed? Up till they hit about 2 months i think i swore they were runners. One day i noticed out of no where their colors got lighter and poof i had campbells
Not me, because I actually ordered mine directly from a hatchery. So I assume if I ordered Khaki Campbells, then they're going to send me Khaki Campbells.

Yup, but the mess isn't quite so bad when they're outside! :)
Very true, i separated mine for night time into a separate coop, since they started laying. ( i have 28 chickens 6 turkeys & 7 Guinea hens as well) so it would help to protect the eggs from being stepped on. I forgot how they seem to mix their food & water into a paste, some how take it out of the feeder and spread it all over the bedding... the water & food are 3 feet apart. How do they do it ?

Very true, i separated mine for night time into a separate coop, since they started laying. ( i have 28 chickens 6 turkeys & 7 Guinea hens as well) so it would help to protect the eggs from being stepped on. I forgot how they seem to mix their food & water into a paste, some how take it out of the feeder and spread it all over the bedding... the water & food are 3 feet apart. How do they do it ?
I know what you mean! Mine do it too! Ducks are born to be expert in making messes. :gig

My girls are finally molting!!! They have looked absolutely terrible due to sun bleaching and drake damage and they are going to be beautiful once again! The light feathers are the old, and the dark feathers are the new ones growing in.
899C424D-ECF1-46D1-B1E4-13B4E6552ABF.jpeg
92D644CF-B588-4152-85EF-2F6F7BF65F90.jpeg

My girls are finally molting!!! They have looked absolutely terrible due to sun bleaching and drake damage and they are going to be beautiful once again! The light feathers are the old, and the dark feathers are the new ones growing in.View attachment 1890738View attachment 1890739
They're looking so pretty again! :love
I always love it when they molt and they are back to their normal color!

They're looking so pretty again! :love
I always love it when they molt and they are back to their normal color!

I kept going back and forth about whether to separate my drake this summer. One of the KCs is his favorite and she is smaller than him and bald on the back of her head and missing loads of feathers, but she follows him around and gets stressed without him... I’m going to have to find a way to do something different next spring.

Back
Top Bottom