Need help sexing my ducks

KeeleyDucks

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2023
Hello, I have 4 ducks about 7 weeks old. They are a mix of Khaki Campbell and Appleyard and I am having a hard time determining the sex. They are still making baby peeps so I haven’t been able to determine by sound. Below are photos of each of them.

Attachments

• IMG_7173.jpeg
    IMG_7173.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    741.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7210.jpeg
    IMG_7210.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7167.jpeg
    IMG_7167.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
wow, what a nice combination, khaki apples ! they’re beautiful 😍
if you can make a video of them making sounds we might be able to help you listen for quacks. i’m surprised they are all still peeping at 7 weeks. do any of them have bigger feet?
“Bills and feet can provide another subtle clue. Male ducks tend to have wider, flatter beaks than females, and coloration may differ depending on the breed. Drakes also tend to develop large, mature feet earlier than female ducklings.”

wow, what a nice combination, khaki apples ! they’re beautiful 😍
if you can make a video of them making sounds we might be able to help you listen for quacks. i’m surprised they are all still peeping at 7 weeks. do any of them have bigger feet?
“Bills and feet can provide another subtle clue. Male ducks tend to have wider, flatter beaks than females, and coloration may differ depending on the breed. Drakes also tend to develop large, mature feet earlier than female ducklings.”
Thank you! I posted a video below, one of the ducks is making kind of a deeper quack and has for a few weeks which is the smaller brown one. The others still making a peep. From what I can tell their bills and feet all look similar.

can you get them pre sexed so you don’t have to “hope”
since you likely have 3 drake already and the good ratio for drake to duck hen is 1 to 5 . if you have and keep all 3 drake that’s 15 duck hens 🤔

Back
Top Bottom