THE QUAIL ARE HATCHING! HELP!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 94844
  • Start date
I have a hovabator and also hatch quail. I think people really worry too much about not opening the lid during lockdown and hatch - I do it all the time. As long as you are right in and back out it's not a problem, so i don't think you have anything to worry about.
Sometimes the little guys hatch in bursts, and they can take a looong time from pipping to popping out. They seem to hide if you stand there watching them then pop out as soon as you leave the room. lol. I

Thanks so much, guys... I’m going to let him stay in there for a few hours to hopefully inspire the others. If none of them are moving at all by this afternoon I’ll move him to the brooder. Has anyone raised a lone quail chick? I’ve raised a single duck without issue, but might be harder on quail. As for humidity, I don’t have a gauge... but both trays have been filled since Thursday or so. I put a warm soaked towel in when I opened it to put the bedding in. Fingers crossed!

633214B2-2697-4865-8C93-868DD377EA20.jpeg

It’s a white one!!!

Thanks so much! Please post pics of yours!! This is day 19 so a little late... his toes appear to be curled, so we’ll see if it self corrects. It has been crazy hot so that may have impacted the hatch. Really hoping more pop out...

Congrats on your new babies!
How's the toes on this baby? If they are still curled you can create a "sandle " which will usually straighten the toes :) enjoy those babies :love

Back
Top Bottom