The Quilters will love this

wildebeast

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 7, 2008
My wife quilts, so to please her I would make a quilt.

First block of my sailboat quilt went great. Sewed the first row and I was on a roll. Then my fabric started to disappear, had to hunt for my scissors, cutting board and roller cutter every time I found the time to work on another block.

Then reality set in and I realized that when the pattern said 1/4 inch seam it really meant 1/4 inch. The second row was a pull and stretch and anything else I could do to get the points to line up. By this time me wife had used all my fabric and took over on the quilt.

I then went from a bed quilt down to a wall hanger and from there to a table runner. I am now working on a coaster to set my glass on. It does not work for 2 people in the same house to quilt.

By the way, we try to go to the Sisters, Oregon quilt show every couple of years and it is well worth the trip.

cliff

Where's the pics!! LOL!!!
lol.png

No no no that is just wrong. Get your items together and engrave your name on them, the rules of a shared quiling household is that if you catch the other one with your tools with out permission they have to buy you a new fabric for your stash or give up one out of their stash.

It is just wrong to borrow forever someone elses material or tools.

Welcome and thanks for sharing. Glad to see you boys quilting and sewing with us gals.

Quote:
I love the Stitchin' Post Quilt shop in Sisters!! I go every year when Im visiting family in the area but I havent been about to get to the big quilt show yet. Im hoping to make it next year.

Welcome to BYC.

Chel

so how do I get my DH to do that.. I think that would be neat..

It might just have to be a trade off.. quilting for hunting..

or soapmaking for hunting.. or scrapbooking for hunting...

does anyone see a pattern???

LOL

Way to be an awsome husband....

I am so impressed that you wanted to make a quilt! WTG!!!!
thumbsup.gif

My DH is very good at baking. He made a carrot cake with dates and walnuts in it and cream cheese icing last night. I am having a piece now with my coffee. YUMMM!
droolin.gif
He wants a Kitchenaid mixer fro Christmas. I hope santa comes through cause that will mean he will bake some more! YAY!!!
wee.gif

Thanks for the incouragement, but I have to admit that I have yet to finish any sewing project. My first goal was for the bed quilt, way too big of a goal for me so then I dropped it to a wall hanging. After making a couple of blocks and wearing out several seam rippers I have now set my goal for next year of finishing a coaster.

The only thing I finished was a pink sailboat block I donated for the breast cancer donation quilt several years ago. Can't find the photo, but did come across a quilt photo from one of the many quilt shows my wife and I havebeen to and thought you would enjoy.

cliff

19527_cr_quilt_show-05_023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom