The quote system.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Royd, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Someone, please, take me by the hand, or point me in the right direction, on how to use the quote system....It always comes out, looking like a convoluted mess, which has to be deciphered, and I'm the one who posted it.

I want to be able to break a post apart and respond to individual statements, not the whole post.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quoting parts is a little tricky, but can be done. [​IMG]

What I do: I click quote at the bottom of the person's post and then strip out the parts that I don't want to quote. If you want to do multiple quotes you'll need to copy those parts out and wrap quote "tags" around each one. The tags are from forum code called "bbcode" and you can learn more about that here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/post.php?tid=431565

You
    can also copy and paste the text into your post, highlight it, and hit the "Quote" button... this will also wrap the quote tags around the text.

Hope that helps!

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    It would be nice if we could highlite an area in a post, hit the Quote button, and have only the area we highlited quoted in the message box.

Does that sound about right?

~RIo

4. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:Makes sense to me.

5. barefoottrims

barefoottrims Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2010
    Quote:something like that? you can erase what you don't want to post just don't erase the "[ / quote]" box, it gets tricky when you try to edit 2 quotes if you just do one its real easy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by