The RE-Build of Les Farms

So here is the alpaca my mother bought us for our barn warming gift :) I mentioned her before here, but finally got some pictures. We won't be able to bring her home until weaned in September, but she is still ours!

With mother

Yesterday we had our fence building party. We didn't get the fence finished (wrong gates, not enough time to insert all insulators), but we got all the posts in thanks to the help of all the guys (and girls) who attended.

I love her im so jealous!
Ive created a new run idea which ill be posting in a day or two but im using the post and netting idea does it work well for you?

I love her im so jealous!
Ive created a new run idea which ill be posting in a day or two but im using the post and netting idea does it work well for you?
Not sure what you mean by post and netting? I don't use any runs right now so I can't say if they work well for me or not. I'll have to build some runs this fall for spring breeding season.

I'd like to see what you come up with though :)

derp sorry im kinda guessing your doing electric fencing i thought you were putting netting around your posts!
sorry Ill post apic of my plan for a run!
I can't let mine free-range as a footpath runs right through our feild where people walk there dogs! and doggie see chicken= one less chicken!
hmm.png

Also my dogs would kill them and as they were here first i cant train it out of them!
barnie.gif

anyway this run is only for my four main breeds I currently only have light sussex but have an order in with someone up country (uk) for around 150 chickens with 27 breeds! However theres a catch my parents say my brother has to have a pen as he wants chickens! I have a funny feeling that ill end up cleaning his chickens out and doing all the dirty work while he shows them off to his friends and sells the eggs hmm what do i get again?

ooh just remembered i had 2 chicks hatch today and another 2 are hatching which brings my total chicks up to 36 another 8 to hatch! all my females went broody this year so ive had to make 12 broody coops! grrrrr
th.gif

derp sorry im kinda guessing your doing electric fencing i thought you were putting netting around your posts!
sorry Ill post apic of my plan for a run!
I can't let mine free-range as a footpath runs right through our feild where people walk there dogs! and doggie see chicken= one less chicken!
hmm.png

Also my dogs would kill them and as they were here first i cant train it out of them!
barnie.gif

anyway this run is only for my four main breeds I currently only have light sussex but have an order in with someone up country (uk) for around 150 chickens with 27 breeds! However theres a catch my parents say my brother has to have a pen as he wants chickens! I have a funny feeling that ill end up cleaning his chickens out and doing all the dirty work while he shows them off to his friends and sells the eggs hmm what do i get again?
that is not an ideal situation to free range you're right. I have a very good area I live in. No dogs in close proximity other than one other home, and I have made it clear (scary clear) that I will take action if dog is on my property again. It's been a year since we last saw him.

"No more puppies jumping on the bed" Your Henry is turning into a beauty.
Love those barred and very happy that you got Houdans again. Your barn should be nice and full this winter.

Our Chicken Duck is in hiding under the woodshed so we'll see babies anytime now. I'll post pics and you can have your pick of the bunch if you like. We'll worry about logistics later. our original plan was to harvest them but that is no longer an option. I sell them as pets and pest control.

This bird stuff is crazy... We got a bunch more chantecler and a few more RIR's this year but Paul has fallen for the pigeons. He's loving the rollers and we have to go out to the deck every night now and watch the air show. We went to Peti to get some girl pigeons only. We did real good and only got 2 extras (Vienna Tumblers) resisted temptation on everything else and peeled home as fast as we could. Those sales are dangerous for people like us

coops critters
I know there so dangerous i went up a show looking for a trio of blrw and found them and also 4 other trios my dad was so mad with me it all bloo over when i brought him a trio of red stars(the only chickens hes ever liked!). Lucky we had the cattle trailer to put them in to transport home!

Edit
Also Ive got another chick hatched and another pipped!

Last edited:
"No more puppies jumping on the bed" Your Henry is turning into a beauty.
Love those barred and very happy that you got Houdans again. Your barn should be nice and full this winter.

Our Chicken Duck is in hiding under the woodshed so we'll see babies anytime now. I'll post pics and you can have your pick of the bunch if you like. We'll worry about logistics later. our original plan was to harvest them but that is no longer an option. I sell them as pets and pest control.

This bird stuff is crazy... We got a bunch more chantecler and a few more RIR's this year but Paul has fallen for the pigeons. He's loving the rollers and we have to go out to the deck every night now and watch the air show. We went to Peti to get some girl pigeons only. We did real good and only got 2 extras (Vienna Tumblers) resisted temptation on everything else and peeled home as fast as we could. Those sales are dangerous for people like us
I feel ya!

Are you going to the August show? Maybe we can meet up there?

Really Muscovies are the only ducks I want. I have one mutt duck right now (Pekin X) and if it is not a girl we are going to put him in the freezer. Can't feed a boy that large that doesn't have any use really.

Fingers crossed it's a girl!

Here are some of the Silver Pencilled Plymouth Rocks enjoying the warmth of the ecoglow :) Cute little buggers.

PS: Congrats on avoiding temptation! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom