The REAL Wild Sky - pic's

Awesome pics - we had skies like that this morning over Des Moines. I was heading out with my kids to go play with some kids from church. I was snapping pictures with my cell phone and the clouds had that same coloring. Then when I got out to the main road north to Des Moines I could see a really dark, menacing cloud was hanging below all the beautiful layers of green, blue, and gray. I decided maybe we should just stay home!

Guess I better check the radar - if your storm is heading east, it might be here overnight.

It is moving toward Iowa - looks like you guys have rain going on anyway.
hmm.png

beautiful, but so frightening.

We live in MA and a few years ago just after we got back from a horse show the sky to the west of the barn got DARK.. wind picked up and hail started. The horses wee running around int he pasture screaming. I had my boy in with the harness racers already. But he was nervous. I just kept looking at the sky and sure enough. Saw some circular motion to the north of us. I called my husband and told him to get to the basement, there was no way i was going to make it back in time. Later that night there were reports of a tornado in South Eastern NH.

Been through one when visiting relatives in LeClaire IA and spent the duration of another in MA in the barn with my other horse.

I prefer hurricanes as well. At least those come with more of a warning. They dont just "pop" up and come down from the sky.
And I dont live on the coast

I think I like having the hurricane here better than tornato.. we have warning like 3 or 4 days of warning to put up the shutters and evacuate.. and as a whole tornatos are much more distructive.. just centered on smaller areas. My house could get hit by a hurricane and survive much less likely with a tornato.

But those pics are awsome!!!

Give me an earthquake anytime! No anticipation, no waiting, no notice at all. Just suddenly things shake and then they stop shaking. Last one that was felt earlier this month, I did not feel it but all of the males in the family who were on various electronic devices, looked down to see if a dog was under the chair.

Back
Top Bottom