The reason we all worry about this topic...

mikki717

My Drug of Choice- Chickens
11 Years
Dec 7, 2009
Hesperia, CA
If anyone ever wonders why we chicken herders worry so much about feeding our chooks the right food, show them the pic below. This is a chef salad I bought for lunch today at a large grocery store. Much of the contents were covered by a lable, but the date showed it was fresh... and I was hungry until I opened it and looked at the white oval items at the bottom.
sickbyc.gif
Are those supposed to be eggs? I know I have only been eating my own chickens' eggs for less than a year, but I absolutely do not remember eggs looking this bad!

45485_1115001444a.jpg

I truly feel sorry for the poor undernourished animal that layed this egg.
hit.gif

Last edited:
This is why I started raising my chicks. A friend was giving us his excess eggs, but due to health problems, he had to give up his hens. After going back to store bought eggs, I decided to raise my own chicks.
Chickens-11-05-10-027.jpg

hit.gif

I am soo afraid... my hens stopped laying and I have 3 eggs left in the house and I may have to go and buy eggs.... and then I see this... I am afraid

Oh I have such a hard time eating out and ordering anything with eggs!!! I've considered next time, when we go to Waffle House or truck stop to bring some eggs with me for em to cook for my meal
lau.gif

We had been getting eggs from a local organic farm CSA. These are far better than the expensive vegetarian cage free eggs from the store. I cracked the last of those eggs into a frying pan with one of my pullet eggs. I was amazed at the difference. My egg was dark and held together far better. I think it would be a fun comparison to do the same thing with a cheap store bought egg.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom