The Renovation Of Hawkeye, A Pictorial History

It was this kid who gets new birds every spring. He had Silkies and bantam Cochins in cages and other muddy pens and a laying flock of RIRs in a pen that I swear could have doubled as a pig's wallowing hole/swimming hole. No wonder Hawkeye had lice and fungus.

he.gif
smack.gif
idunno.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif

And to top it all off, :thun

I remember the day you went to check him out, I remember waiting for that post, and I remember seeing it. He was pretty tore up wasnt he? I also remember when you told me his name, and when you guys thought you were going to have to put him down. And when you found out it was just food in his throat,lol. He's been through a lot, but he wound up in the best home possible. Good Job, Cyn. Its great to see the pics.
clap.gif

He's a beauty with battle scars, gives him character.
He seems to have the distinguished bearing of a civil war General.

Thanks for shareing
big_smile.png

Got it, Mark. And you'll be glad to know that Lexie's daughters seem to be carrying on her habit of laying rather dark eggs. My friend Kate, whose eggs I hatched from her bunch as well, says that they are much darker than her BRs lay. Glad to help. Maybe you'd also like a few nice BLUES running around as well?
wink.png

What a great bird. Too bad the kid who had him had parents that let him have animals. Boo Hiss on them. I'm sure he thinks you are the chicken goddess, who saves good roos from harm!

Back
Top Bottom