The Renovation Of Hawkeye, A Pictorial History

Quote:
Maybe his parents need to be shot. I would never allow my kids to neglect their pets that way. Your birds are so pretty. I love your pix and stories, not to mention your great advice re: chickens. Thanks!

What a grand looking rooster, Speckledhen. He looks totally content - he has that look of wisdom about him. So glad he ended up with you!

MarkR,

The pics I posted of Lily is Hawkeye and Lexie's baby that I hatched from Cyn's eggs. She seems to be very strong and curious, and is just adorable. Kinda ugly that first day, but now she is gorgeous, and just tickles me to pieces.
smile.png

Jill

What a beauty...when I get time I am going to do a watercolor of a barred rock roo.
They are my favorite. Right now I have a silverlaced wyandottte, he is a pretty boy, but I just love the look of the barred rock.......
Great story and GOOD SAVE!

Here's the last ones of Hawkeye and Lexie's babies I hatched; well, my broody Buff Orp, Sunny, hatched them the natural way. They would both fly up to my arm when I held it out. Someone in Alabama came to buy all my extra chicks and bought these two as well. They became her personal pets. Jill, hopefully, your little one will be just as sweet and personable as all the rest have been.
DCP_7425.jpg

I adored those two little ones, but since they were Hawkeye and Lexie's, I decided to sell them and just keep two BR pullets that hatched from my friend Kate's BR rooster to mix up the gene pool a little bit right at the start. They are so close to laying, they're driving me nuts, though. And they run after Hawkeye like he's a rock star, LOL! I'll hatch more in the spring, I think. This pic is Lexie and Hawkeye's very first baby and we all thought it was a pullet till it was about six or seven weeks old-the wattles and comb just didn't take off much till then.
DCP_7466.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom