The Rhodebar thread!

I was sent two Rhodebar eggs in with some other pure breed eggs..the two went into lock down, only one made it. It has the chipmunk striping..soo..guessing it's a girl from what I've been reading here. :)) No spot on the head.

Quote:
Ok thanks.

But keep in mind that breeding single barred males (who may look "fancier" will not produce "true" rhodebars 100% of the time). True Rhodebar males are double barred. I won't even keep single barred males.
Yours are all three males. You could begin a good breeding program by keeping the best of three and putting him over a nice HRIR female. But you need to cull properly to eliminate the non-barred females and single barred males.
Just wanted to clarify what was said above in a different way to make sure you understand so you can plan which direction your are heading.

But keep in mind that breeding single barred males (who may look "fancier" will not produce "true" rhodebars 100% of the time). True Rhodebar males are double barred.

whats a Rhodebar if not a Barred RIR(Red Barred Columbian) that can be autosex at hatch? Single Barred males mated to Rhodebar Females will produce 100% autosexable chicks.....

out of the females 50% will be plain old RIR hens and when these hens are mated to double barred males the will produce 100% autosexable chicks and 100% single barred males

for those us new to Rhodebars, can you post a pic of a single and a double barred? And a barred and a non-barred female. thanks
Single Barred males(chicks) will look just liek double barred males but their chick down would be darker as a double dose of barring will dilute their chick down..

Females(chicks) barred or none barred will look the same chipmunk stripes, no head dot or a very fatint one if one at all

whats a Rhodebar if not a Barred RIR(Red Barred Columbian) that can be autosex at hatch? Single Barred males mated to Rhodebar Females will produce 100% autosexable chicks.....

out of the females 50% will be plain old RIR hens and when these hens are mated to double barred males the will produce 100% autosexable chicks and 100% single barred males

So a 'single barred' Rhodebar is a ' dark' barred RIR
A 'double barred' Rhodebar is a 'light' barred RIR.
and a 'non-barred' Rhodebar is uhmmmm a RIR!

Back
Top Bottom