The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
Good evening. I am not new to chickens but new to the Rhodabar chickens. I just hatched 12 chicks...and I think they are all males! they are buff colored some with a spot on the top of their heads! Not one pullet! well I think not! I love my RIR hens...so I thought this would be a good answer to everyone wanting pullets. I will see if I can post a pic! Thanks for all the information...

Good evening. I am not new to chickens but new to the Rhodabar chickens. I just hatched 12 chicks...and I think they are all males! they are buff colored some with a spot on the top of their heads! Not one pullet! well I think not! I love my RIR hens...so I thought this would be a good answer to everyone wanting pullets. I will see if I can post a pic! Thanks for all the information...
pics please

Here they are... I got them from FROMWHITEDOGHILL on Saturday!! He got them straight from Greenfire.. They're still pretty young and ill try and get better pictures but these are what i have for now..
[/IMG]

Eramsey99 glad you found some locally. I culled my roo today, broke my heart to do it, but he wasn't thriving so it was for the best. Might have to make a rd trip to Tulsa for a replacement. Just not sure how to fit it in my schedule.
Enjoy your new additions!

Eramsey99 glad you found some locally. I culled my roo today, broke my heart to do it, but he wasn't thriving so it was for the best. Might have to make a rd trip to Tulsa for a replacement. Just not sure how to fit it in my schedule.
Enjoy your new additions!
Why thank you!! Im sorry that you had to cull your Roo... Thats never fun! But with a new Roo comes new genetics and a new personality!! Wish you the best of luck!! Now if i can only get this young hen to start laying and my young Roo to breed her then id be one happy camper!!

Last edited:
Because my Rhodebars are from GFF is there something i should know because i see people talking about green eggs?!
caf.gif
Some people who got their rhodebars from GFF have reported that they are laying green or "tinted" eggs. Since the parentage of rhodebars includes no breeds that lay tinted eggs, the thought is that perhaps somewhere along the line a legbar got added into their mix. GFF states on their website that their rhodebars lay tinted eggs, so they're being truthful in their advertising.

Some people who got their rhodebars from GFF have reported that they are laying green or "tinted" eggs. Since the parentage of rhodebars includes no breeds that lay tinted eggs, the thought is that perhaps somewhere along the line a legbar got added into their mix. GFF states on their website that their rhodebars lay tinted eggs, so they're being truthful in their advertising.
No "tinted" does not mean green or blue. When referred to eggs "tinted" is off-white or brownish...aka cream.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom