The Rhodebar thread!

Is it too soon to tell if it is a wyandotte pullet or cock?

Its still too early to tell at this time. Look for the comb to widen and turn pink if its a male. Females combs seem to stay thin longer and take more time to turn pink.

Once you start seeing clear lacing males carry lacing only on breast and thighs while their hackles will look solid gold but will be very elongated laces if you look close.

Last edited:
Its still too early to tell at this time. Look for the comb to widen and turn pink if its a male. Females combs seem to stay thin longer and take more time to turn pink.

Once you start seeing clear lacing males carry lacing only on breast and thighs while their hackles will look solid gold but will be very elongated laces if you look close.

Getting off topic once in a while doesn't hurt, especially to answer a BYC person looking for help.
I agree with you Makomd..and I love to look at how those little wings are coming along too..two layers. Some say you can't tell by how fast a wing feathers out..I have done it many a time, the girls feather out faster. :)

Now, let's see if we can direct this nice person to a Wyondotte thread. :)
Looking......

Oh look, I found one. Have fun looking, and good luck with your chick @pbono9 ! It's a cutie!!

Last edited:
Well the F1s are crowing... OK, more like croaking and wheezing. Lol. Young cockerels sounds so funny.
So... Now... it's the pullets turn... let the egg laying begin... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting

Well the F1s are crowing... OK, more like croaking and wheezing. Lol. Young cockerels sounds so funny.

So... Now... it's the pullets turn... let the egg laying begin... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting

LOL I know they try so hard.. they will mature faster if they dont have a Big Boss around them(adult roosters)

I separated all the F1s by sex into 2 separate pens. Cockerels of all breeds (Hrir and Rhodebars and f1s) can't even see any pullets or hens - i have found that this is the best way to grow out cockerels as they don't fight if there are no girls to fight over. ;-)

[

I am patiently waiting on eggs too lol

:)
Richie has a trio of Rhodebars hatched in Jan. I'd say he will have eggs soon... One of the two girls had a comb that already turning quite red when she left here last week. ;-)

Here is an f1 roo . I like his coloring he is really dark. What do you guys think? Niclandia? Redridge ?

Back
Top Bottom