The Rhodebar thread!

looking for a rhode island red, particularly the large deep dark colored variety type. do you have any for sale?

Your best bet is to get on a breeders list for eggs or day olds. My RIR eggs are all spoken for through the spring but some other breeders may have some available.

A friend pointed out that RB's are not listed in the breed section, so I added an entry and a review. Anyone else want to write their own review or add some pics?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/rhodebar

Just a quick note... not a criticism but I wouldn't want folks misled. The cock pictured in this post does not appear to be a purebred Rhodebar top me. It could just be the pic, but he appears to be missing a Columbian gene.
Remember the RB standard we are working on developing here in the US - they are an autosexed, properly barred, standard bred Rhode Island Red. Refer to the RIR sop when in doubt.

My daughter received a trio for Christmas. They are a little over 2 months old. Could I house my heritage rir hen in with these to get a little varient in colors??
I'll have to get new pics they've changed alot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom