The Rhodebar thread!

OK, So let me get this straight. The hen needs to be close to the same color like the roo that you have behind her?  This helps alot.

Yes he is a f1 also. She needs to be dark like that.

But, keep in mind that the purebred rhodebar hens are only single barred and cocks are always double barred. So cocks will always be lighter due to the double barring. F1 cocks are only single barred. They are not purebred but a stepping stone generation produced for the purpose of breed improvement.

But, keep in mind that the purebred rhodebar hens are only single barred and cocks are always double barred. So cocks will always be lighter due to the double barring. F1 cocks are only single barred. They are not purebred but a stepping stone generation produced for the purpose of breed improvement.
Oh, I now understand, so your roo is an F1 and he should be dark or darker red as yours to determine that hatch is close or on the right track, but a double barred should look less red or closer to mine, or a darker red?

So be honest with this roo. The tips of his comb got froze off during the freak snow storm we had this fall and there is a shadow under the tip of his wing for some reason. I had the flash on.

I took it tonight in the coop after I fed them corn. Next time I will take the picture before I feed them corn due to the dust. I told him to pose because he is going to be evaluated by the elite professionals, "Stay breeding or get eaten. LOL What would you do if you were me, Get RIR hens and use him or get a different one? He is 8 months old.

He looks good from what I can tell. Better than a lot I have seen people say are RB. If you are serious find some real good RIR pullets or hens. (Heritage RIR site on here(BYC)has a lot of great people that you might be able to find some close to you)
Redridge (Sheri)and Niclandia (Marvin) can help a lot with the genetics of improving the RB.

Thanks. We will see how he turns out as well and I will look for RIR hens.
He looks good from what I can tell. Better than a lot I have seen people say are RB. If you are serious find some real good RIR pullets or hens. (Heritage RIR site on here(BYC)has a lot of great people that you might be able to find some close to you)
Redridge (Sheri)and Niclandia (Marvin) can help a lot with the genetics of improving the RB.
Thanks, I will see how he turns out as well and I will look for RIR hens.

Ok, I'm going to ask a really silly question - I've searched through the thread and I've seen pictures but I don't really understand - I got a set of Rhodebars and one hatched out very yellow/white, I don't see any stripes or the spot on its head. I THINK it might be what I think is called a white rhodebar?

Can you guys help me? Do I know if it's a rooster or lady-friend? Is it a rhodebar?

Thanks!

Ok, I'm going to ask a really silly question - I've searched through the thread and I've seen pictures but I don't really understand - I got a set of Rhodebars and one hatched out very yellow/white, I don't see any stripes or the spot on its head. I THINK it might be what I think is called a white rhodebar?

Can you guys help me? Do I know if it's a rooster or lady-friend? Is it a rhodebar?

Thanks!
That's a wheaten chick, meaning your Rhodebars are not pure. The chick to the lower right I would not breed, but the darker/heavily striped chick above is a nice pullet. I would also not use the cockerel in upper left of this photo.

Ok, I'm going to ask a really silly question - I've searched through the thread and I've seen pictures but I don't really understand - I got a set of Rhodebars and one hatched out very yellow/white, I don't see any stripes or the spot on its head. I THINK it might be what I think is called a white rhodebar? Can you guys help me? Do I know if it's a rooster or lady-friend? Is it a rhodebar? Thanks!
That's a wheaten chick, meaning your Rhodebars are not pure. The chick to the lower right I would not breed, but the darker/heavily striped chick above is a nice pullet. I would also not use the cockerel in upper left of this photo.
Yep. Totally agree

Back
Top Bottom