The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
One red out of two dozen eggs. And I don't know if it will be barred or solid. At this rate it's going to take a while to get a few barred red birds for the next cross. I have one more set of 22 eggs. I will be separating my breeders again.

We have Rhodebars from the Greenfire line ...... is this the wrong thread for that conversation? We had 4 roosters in with 10 or so hens and they were nearing maturity. The biggest and fortunately the prettiest rooster has killed the other three in two days. Has anyone else seen this level of dominance in their Rhodebars?

We have Rhodebars from the Greenfire line ...... is this the wrong thread for that conversation? We had 4 roosters in with 10 or so hens and they were nearing maturity. The biggest and fortunately the prettiest rooster has killed the other three in two days. Has anyone else seen this level of dominance in their Rhodebars?

Oh my goodness. I haven't seen anything like that in my flock!

In an effort to work on healing some nerve spinal damage, I'm selling some of my breeding flocks. Two of the flocks that will go are my Rhodebars. They are so wonderfully curious and sweet.

I'll be selling my two flocks, but don't have time to put up the auction till later today. I believe I've got some of the oldest flocks around. They are 8 1/2 - 11 1/2 months old - pics in thread above

th.gif

I have the dominance was so bad to a point we could not let him free rang with the other chickens because he would spar at me and my 2 year so we got rid of him.

I haven't seen anything like this. I currently have 5 cockerels and 6 pullets together as I am growing out and still deciding what I will breed. I believe they are 5 months old now

Back
Top Bottom