The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
No, my odds have been about 1 in 4 are red. Out of 12 eggs I usually get 3 red chicks. I am noticing some differences in the barring as well as the red ones grow out.

It appears I have a few with white barring??? and many with black barring.

I have about 30 eggs in the incubator right now from my reddish Sex-link rooster and hope the odds will improve, but I guess there is a possibility they could decrease.

My blacks are about 50% and the little white ones are about 25% as well.

Well, mystery solved - sort of. The last egg hatched and it is also a very light gray chick, almost white. And it has feathered legs. So my splash Marans roo must have snuck in for a lunch time tryst and departed again before the star crossed lovers were caught. Well the jig is up buddy!!!!

I e-mailed GFF and they send one back today....The e-mail I sent was Friday...with pic's, they said it was an cream legbar and asked me if I bought them from GFF...I send them an e-mail back saying the only breed I bought were Rhodebar...I have not heard anything back....Yet!!!

I e-mailed GFF and they send one back today....The e-mail I sent was Friday...with pic's, they said it was an cream legbar and asked me if I bought them from GFF...I send them an e-mail back saying the only breed I bought were Rhodebar...I have not heard anything back....Yet!!!
Greenfire has been excellant with all our transactions and we have had several. Did they send you extra chicks because they often do send additional chicks to round out the box. That's how they got us started with Breda, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom