The Ring/Nail Test Experiment (Just for fun)

I just got to wondering....If an egg loses it's magnetism once the embryo dies in the shell resulting in the nail not moving at all over the egg......I wonder how far along an egg has to be to pick up the physical magnetism? 🤔 New mini experiment I guess! Might make finding dud eggs easier in those hard to determine eggs (marans,thick blue shells, etc).

I just got to wondering....If an egg loses it's magnetism once the embryo dies in the shell resulting in the nail not moving at all over the egg......I wonder how far along an egg has to be to pick up the physical magnetism? 🤔 New mini experiment I guess! Might make finding dud eggs easier in those hard to determine eggs (marans,thick blue shells, etc).

Oooo was that is an interesting idea to find out.

I have some eggs on day 5, two days more for first candle. I will try if over them, but I am assuming that will be too soon.

So.....I ran downstairs to my incubator before heading off to bed and pulled my 5 OE eggs that were on day 7 out of the incubator. 3 I can see veining in, 1 is a double yolk that I couldn't quite tell if there was possibly something going on in there, and 1 was a really dark greenish tan egg that I just couldn't quite see through enough to tell yet. The 3 that are definitely developing made the nail move - 2 females and 1 male. The double yolk egg moved - male. And the dark egg the nail did not move. So magnetism can be picked up as early as 7 days!

Are you all actually believing there's any truth to this?
My family has been doing the wedding ring dangle for forever to find out the sex of unborn children. Yes it works about 50% of the time.
We've always done and everyone else that ive heard of that the back and forth was male and swinging was a female.
I'd love someone to go pick up about 20 sex links and give us the results. Id bet it also comes to being about 50% correct.

I have gotten to see the bills of everyone now

I have one that was male is marked male.
1 female marked male
1 female marked female
1 female marked male
1 male marked female

So your probably around 40% correct with nail test over egg. So test wasn't very accurate for sexing.

I do find it interesting that the nail does not seem to move over clears, quitters, and DIS eggs though (through ones tested on my end).

So your probably around 40% correct with nail test over egg. So test wasn't very accurate for sexing.

I do find it interesting that the nail does not seem to move over clears, quitters, and DIS eggs though (through ones tested on my end).
No not super accurate but I will test tonight on some eggs I need to candle for day 7's and see if I am matching your results for clears, quiters, and DIS

Back
Top Bottom