The Ring/Nail Test Experiment (Just for fun)

I have been thinking about setting something up too....but for me it is just because I get tired of waiting for the string to straighten out (makes the nail twirl) every time I pick up the string. Lol! I also want to come up with something to hold my 3 week old birds so that I am not holding them. I don't think my personal magnetism is super strong, but would like to completely get my magnetism out of this experiment if I can.
It would certainly make the test seem less interfered with.

All divided and ready to go - 11 Appenzellers and 5 Delawares.
20200513_100525.jpg

I worked for a construction company for years and I used the divining rods to locate utilities prior to excavations because the utility 1-calls were not always accurate. I had 99% accuracy. The principles are the same in sexing eggs before hatch. It also has to do with the magnetism and electrical energy of the person doing the testing. Some people can do it and some can't. I have eggs in an incubator. I may just have to test and report my data here with you if you don't mind.
So how does magnetism and energy know what is boy or girl? How does it work? Like who decided circle was not or line girl or vice versa?

I tested the Appenzeller chicks that hatched yesterday. Everybody tested just like they did in the egg. I had one chick that I did test 3 times. It was marked female and kept moving so the nail would start to go in a circle. Once it stood still it was a clear back and forth female sign though. Just to make sure, I tested every chick twice. I had 2 Appenzeller eggs that did not hatch - nail test says they are DIS. (Hatch day is today, so I will leave them in just in case.) I had 2 Delaware chicks hatch this morning and 1 that died during zipping - 2 left to go with hatch day tomorrow. I will test all the chicks that hatch today tomorrow. I have not had time to build my nail on a string holder yet, but it is in the plans here soon (hopefully I will get some time). Chicks were tested in the plastic cup again. The spreadsheet is updated. :)

I tested this against 8 doves and 3 other birds I had sent DNA in on because I was hoping it would work while it was fun and a neat way to pass the time while waiting it was wrong on all but 3 birds 😔 I get very large reactions from the nail though while my bf gets hardly any so I’m wondering if it’s me vs the animal that it’s reacting to

I tested this against 8 doves and 3 other birds I had sent DNA in on because I was hoping it would work while it was fun and a neat way to pass the time while waiting it was wrong on all but 3 birds 😔 I get very large reactions from the nail though while my bf gets hardly any so I’m wondering if it’s me vs the animal that it’s reacting to

I know if I hold it to close to myself I get off reactions from the nail. I have to make sure I am not holding the bird and that they are also not flailing their heads about. I also make sure I put the nail over the head and not just the body.

I did a mini experiment before I started this one on some of my 4-day old chicks to see if my magnetism could effect the outcome by holding the chick when the test was done (compared to if the chick was sitting in a plastic cup on a non magnetic surface) and sure enough I had chicks that got both female (when I was holding it) and male (when it was in the cup) readings. So pretty sure a humans magnetism can over power a chicks magnetism and throw off the results. So all my tests for this experiment will be done without me touching the bird. :)

These little guys are easier to get to cooperate than the ones I was working with I think that was just as much my problem trying to get a half tame adult to hold still is not easy

Back
Top Bottom