The Romeike story- sign the petition!

Fluffballs

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
With my chickies!
Hello, I just wanted to let people know about this...

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TTw8x4Uuf8Y

This tells the story of a German family, the Romeikes, who came to America so they could home school their family freely. However, the U.S. Government wants to send them back. Home School Legal Defense Association has mad a petition that asks the Obama administration to keep them here. Please watch the video (if the link works...
fl.gif
)! Click here to learn more or sign the petition!

I work as a volunteer with refugees, and I have absolutely no sympathy for this family. They are German citizens, EU citizens. They have a choice of 27 countries they can live in without asking for asylum. Please leave asylum for people who have no choice!!!

Claire , unless you have spend ANY time in german schools you shouldnt tell people where they can go. I went through this school system . Girls were forced to take "sewing arts" meaning we learned knitting and such while boys were stuck into woodshop, no option to switch. We also had to take "religious education" wether we liked it or not. This were public schools. I can fully understand why they came here. Nobody should have their children taken away because they dont agree with the school system. Keeping you family together is a valid reason in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom