The SCARE of my life, Phoenix chicks

Lacrystol

Hatching Helper
14 Years
Jun 13, 2009
Diamond, Ohio
So I got some (supposely) Phoenix chicks, I got 4 of them I say supposely because I'm finding out they are not the Silver or Golden Phoenix that I was told, they are 4 days old, I put them in the broody and the thing went crazy while I was at work. I came home to find one of the little guys on his back, breathing extremely heavy and hard. I FREAKED, I grabbed him, thank god he was still alive, the temp had sored up to 100.5 the poor little thing was overheating. I put him on my bed on the sheet, he just laid there breathing sooo heavy, I thought about wetting him down to cool him down but was afraid he may go into shock because of drop of temp to fast. So he just laid on my sheet, he felt sooo hot.. sooo soo hot, feet body, everything was hot.. after about 30 minutes the little stinker peeps. YIPPIE,, first time I was ever happy to hear a peeping... he finally gets up and really starts to peep. It was annoying but I was happy that he was annoying me. LOL.. I adjusted the broody, now the temp is down to about 90 which is where I wanted it in the first place, not sure why it went hay wires on me like that but we changed out the heat light bulb and it's keeping a nice 90 degrees, he's got 3 more days and we can lower down to about 85 but talk about a good scare. WOW, he's doing great this morning, up walking around like the other three so I'm glad he's going to make it.

Back
Top Bottom