The secret is out, I have indeed returned to the US...

Welcome back lad......sorry to her your cold is still with you....did you rub the goose fat on yer chest likes I tol ya????

Did you have to pay excess luggage for yourself after all that pigging out on our English food?

There is a lot to be said for living in the Uk apart from the weather which is why we are so green and lush all year round.....

Sorry to hear about your losses totally understand....as farmers here, we very very rarely go on holiday (on average about one week every three to four years!), my Dh hates to leave any of the farms in anybodies hands really...always worries about his dairy herd....sheep.....cattle....sucklers....dogs.....tractors....grass!...fences..hedges.....you get the picture.....

But welcome home we missed you even if you did sign in occassionally......
hugs.gif

Quote:
Really? I didn't think we were any more expensive than anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:

ETA: Sorry 'bout the double post. Haven't had my coffee yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
My nana always said Washington reminded her of home as the climates are nearly identical. I can grab an English cookbook off the shelf there and very likely the ingredients will be teh same as we can grow here and in the same months.

We are both winter people. It's our favorite time of year. So we were getting some stick for visiting in winter rather than going somewhere sunny. I dunno. I just prefer the lazy short days spent indoors with a book.

Caroline and I constantly argue how to pronounce David Bowie's name. In England it is "Bow" (like when you bend over at the waist) "EEEE". We say "Bow" (like the thing that shoots arrows) "EEEE".

I suppose she's right, having invented the language and he's from there.

Quote:
We checked in our luggage all sheepishly thinking all our bags would be overweight since we were smuggling all manngers of gifts home. Not a single one was over 50 lbs, we were astounded.

The ewe lamb who dropped the lamb isnt' fully in milk yet, so we're bottle feeding. We hope it comes on soon. I'd hate for our first lamb of the year to be a bottle lamb. He's a ram lamb, too, which are hard to part with when the time arrives if they are too friendly.

When I say the ewe lamb had a lamb, she's actually a hogget. I got her last year since she did not lamb in her first year to eat. I granted clemency because I liked her and she obliged with a nice lamb for us this year. The leg, though, looks very bad like she'll not make it in the long term.
hmm.png

Quote:

I find the cost of living in the Midlands north to Scotland to be far less than here in Washington (except for some obvious things like petrol).

Down South, though, it's pretty brutal.

Quote:
We actually didn't take a camera, so I just borrowed those from a relative who took them.

I forgot my wedding rings, too, this trip. Something to do with working all nighters up to the day of departure made my packing a little absent minded.

As someone who takes her camera with always, even on a trip into town, I say that's a sin!

The problems at home could have happened even if you were there. I know how it is though. You go away and something happens so you beat yourself up over it. Just don't beat yourself to hard.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bah, been there so many times now. I think becoming a 2 dog household got us out of carrying cameras anymore. We have a very nice Canon EOS D60 which is just too large to travel easily with.

What do dogs have to do with carrying a camera? Asking as the owner of a very large St. Bernard.

You just need to invest in a smaller camera that is easier to take with.

Back
Top Bottom