The Seney thread

Hadn't heard of them before. I browsed around on the website. Interesting, I know nothing about creating a whole new breed. They are nice looking chickens and I like that you can get a variety of egg colors.

Anyone else?
caf.gif

Interesting sounding birds, albeit, out of most people's price range. I don't know how they can have eggs in virtually any color. I would call those EE's.

Don't want to sound rude, but I'd consider them seriously over-priced Easter Eggers. They're claimed good show birds yet not only are they not a recognized breed but the colors on most of them are not good quality when you consider that color on other breeds, their egg colors vary too much to really consider it a true breeding kind of thing, and, the prices.
th.gif

I wouldn't consider them a breed at all but that's my opinion.

Quote:
yup... that's just what i was going to say, without being offensive... LOL...

but yeah... in the reefing hobby we get the same kind of people... they're just trying to make a name for themselves and are trying to get rich off of mutts and unwanted stuff...

unless those breed true, they are mutts... they say that you might get this, or you might get that... that right there is not breeding true... looks like they have every fault other birds have as their standard... LOL...

sorry... but yeah... i didn't even want to look at the price...

Quote:
but yeah... in the reefing hobby we get the same kind of people... they're just trying to make a name for themselves and are trying to get rich off of mutts and unwanted stuff...

That is absolutely not what Ray is trying to do. He has spent an enormous amount of time, money, and dedication to make this breed. As with any breed, there are those who do not like them and speak rudely of them. Please dont accuse people when you have no idea of who they are and what there motives are.

As for them not being a breed? Does laying any color of egg suddenly make a breed an Easter Egger? I think not. If any color of egg is allowed in the breed standard, then that breed can lay any color egg. If the breed standard says they can lay only white eggs, then that breed can only lay white eggs.

Quote:
Did you read the website? It says: "The interest is certainly there for this new breed; as we received over 16,000 hits in March alone." Does'nt sound like unwanted stuff to me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom