The setting 8/12 raising thread

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JohnCT, Sep 4, 2011.

1. JohnCT

JohnCT Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    NW CT
    OK here we go, lets watch them grow. My babies are 2 days old, got feathers popping out, they are running around, eating, drinking, pooping [​IMG] and making me smile on a regular basis:
    [​IMG]
    More pictures tonight

2. Karen09

Karen09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Wyoming, New York
    So 7 of the Ameraucana/EE's went home with the girl I hatched them out for but I found 7 under one of my hens instead of 6! [​IMG] It is hard to get their pictures with mama growling at me. Is it possible to put my two mamas together? I have one in a side pen with the 7 and another in a dog kennel with only 2. I did not want to have baby chicks in the kitchen so I was letting them raise them. Also how long before I move them back to the big coop? I have 7 ducks in with the other chickens and I heard that ducks eat baby chicks (don't know if that is true). Any ideas? As soon as I can, I will try to get more pictures. Good job everyone on their hatch! Also, how do you keep the humidity down when the humidity in the air is over 80%. Humidity is supposed to be 40% to 55% during the first 18 days and then 55% - 70% the last 3 correct? For my incubator, I had to do a dry pan for it to be 48%. When I fill the center pan, it is 65% and then when full was over 80%. Any help would be good because I am getting more eggs Thursday.

3. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah...here's my gang...all 10 of them...blue black and splash ameraucana...3 days old. ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I have to do the two that I help out of the egg and have struggled to see how they grow...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. Karen09

Karen09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Wyoming, New York
    Very cute babies dwegg and JohnCT!

5. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    ok here are ny babys at 1 day old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i will get some tomorrow of them in the yard if it’s not windy outside again. Can’t wait to see everyone’s baby’s grow. [​IMG]

6. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Hi Here are my 5 Black Blue Spash Ameraucana Females from rockinpaints [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My last two Orpington eggs have still not hatched but there is still movement in the eggs when candled.

7. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Melissa is Bebe the silver ameraucana from before? Well she looks like a splash now in that picture...that is awesome that you got a splash as well...yay!

8. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    You think ? [​IMG] I really wanted a splash [​IMG] ! I'll take some more pics of them later today. We will all go outside later for a photo shoot [​IMG]

9. JohnCT

JohnCT Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    NW CT
    more pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS