The setting 8/12 raising thread

JohnCT

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
NW CT
OK here we go, lets watch them grow. My babies are 2 days old, got feathers popping out, they are running around, eating, drinking, pooping
big_smile.png
and making me smile on a regular basis:
100050_img_2468.jpg

More pictures tonight

So 7 of the Ameraucana/EE's went home with the girl I hatched them out for but I found 7 under one of my hens instead of 6!
celebrate.gif
It is hard to get their pictures with mama growling at me. Is it possible to put my two mamas together? I have one in a side pen with the 7 and another in a dog kennel with only 2. I did not want to have baby chicks in the kitchen so I was letting them raise them. Also how long before I move them back to the big coop? I have 7 ducks in with the other chickens and I heard that ducks eat baby chicks (don't know if that is true). Any ideas? As soon as I can, I will try to get more pictures. Good job everyone on their hatch! Also, how do you keep the humidity down when the humidity in the air is over 80%. Humidity is supposed to be 40% to 55% during the first 18 days and then 55% - 70% the last 3 correct? For my incubator, I had to do a dry pan for it to be 48%. When I fill the center pan, it is 65% and then when full was over 80%. Any help would be good because I am getting more eggs Thursday.

Yeah...here's my gang...all 10 of them...blue black and splash ameraucana...3 days old. ..
44332_9a.jpg

44332_7a.jpg

44332_10a.jpg

44332_6a.jpg

And I have to do the two that I help out of the egg and have struggled to see how they grow...
44332_13a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Here are my 5 Black Blue Spash Ameraucana Females from rockinpaints
smile.png
love.gif
jumpy.gif

bebe.png

buttercup.png

caliope.png

esmerelda.png

ethel.png

My last two Orpington eggs have still not hatched but there is still movement in the eggs when candled.

Back
Top Bottom