The setting 8/12 raising thread

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JohnCT, Sep 4, 2011.

1. chickee

chickee Crowing

Here are my four Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, 2 blue (dark chicks) and 2 splash (light chicks.) The shipped Partridge Wyandotte egg did not hatch. They are two days old. Their color will change dramatically. Soon the blue and red feathers will start coming in [​IMG]

Everyone's chicks are so cute! [​IMG] This will be fun watching them grow up! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. discoveregg

discoveregg Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
  3. chickee

chickee Crowing

Quote:[​IMG] Those are cool looking! Can't wait to see how they feather out [​IMG]

4. dwegg

dwegg Songster

Love all the babies.

..chickee...love the BLRW and esp. The splashes...I only have one (not a splash though) can't wait to see them feathered out

Discoveregg..those are some cuties you have there...they're all the new rage right now! Pretty chickens...

Melissa...more pics please of your band!

Mine are about to go to the basement to the large brooder as they are nearly too big for my fish tank brooder here in the kitchen, but I just love being able to watch them all the time from the sofa! I haven't handled them too much yet but I better start as most of my girls are super friendly and like to sit in my lap so these guys better get used to it! Lol

5. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Songster

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    It was their first day outside at 5 days old [​IMG]

This is all 19 of them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the EE/BO cross
    [​IMG]

here is one of the full BO's
    [​IMG]

FUZZY BUTTS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JohnCT

JohnCT In the Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    NW CT
    What a bunch of cuties.

I can't wait for it to stop raining now so they can go out.

I know for most breeds it's way to early to think about sex, but I have noticed 1 of the 4 is feathering different, much darker than the other 3. Is it possible that is a roo?

They are Light Brahma, I'll try to get pictures tonight.

7. chickee

chickee Crowing

Quote:They are such a pretty, soft apricot color! So nice and healthy looking too! Love the EE x BO with the eye liner! [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see more pictures of every ones chicks [​IMG]

8. dwegg

dwegg Songster

They are beautiful! [​IMG] so fat and healthy looking...love me some orpingtons! Isn't crazy how fast their wing feathers come in! Mine are one week old now and are huge fluff balls with full wings!
    I have decided that I have 3-4 boys and 6-7 girls this time...last time I hatched 7 blue ameraucanas and got 7 boys! Ouch!

9. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Songster

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    I'm hoping i get some boys [​IMG] i only have 1 rooster

10. discoveregg

discoveregg Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG] Yay! I'm so glad you were able to see my pics!
    My Norwegian Jaerhon chicks come from different bloodlines of roos and hens, so I will keep two roos and the rest of the pullets and work on improving the line!
    Well I slipped - as a hatchaholic. My DH mentioned that he liked the barred feathers on some of the breeds and I wound up bidding on a dozen Dominique eggs and 10+ Cuckoo maran eggs. My bid was sooo loooowwww...I didn't think I stood a chance - but I guess bidding has slowed down or something and I won both auctions [​IMG] Anyone else planning another hatch soon? [​IMG]
    John - I love your yellow fuzzy butts - too cute to scoot [​IMG]
    Melissa Rose - Those Ameraucauna chicks have those chipmunk cheeks, I just want to pinch them like Italian little old ladies do to kids [​IMG]

Best,

~Connie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: