The Shape of Things

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I'm not sure how to express what I'm thinking, but I'm Chillin' With My Peeps, as DH puts it -- sitting in the pen reading and supervising the chicks's outside time. I'm finding it so interesting to observe how different the different breeds are.

My Light Brahmas are stately and dignified with their deep keels and the slight waddle from managing the feathers on their feet. Stately yard dinosaurs, I've called them before.

The California White is trim and perky with her tail held up like a flag.

The Blue Australorps are the classic shape that comes to mind if someone says "chicken" to a person who knows little about them -- and have the same erect, flag-like tails as the California White. I do not know but have to guess that they got their color from Blue Andalusians and the profile along with it.

And the Wyandottes, still the smallest, have a racy look with smooth lines to the body and tails held low and back.

So much to observe as they grow. :)

I love when that happens. As a writer it always is a super amazing experience to be inspired. And then you can't stop itching until you've written it down.

I love when that happens. As a writer it always is a super amazing experience to be inspired. And then you can't stop itching until you've written it down.

Exactly.

I had to write up that post while they were gathering at the pop door in the almost-dark, waiting for me to do my job of putting them up for the night. If I'd have waited to get in I'd have forgotten it.

Back
Top Bottom