The silkies have stolen another soul....

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
The 3 little silkies here that hatched early this morning, who aren't even 24 hours old yet, have already worked their evil magic and have stolen hubby's soul
ep.gif

He was in charge of checking the chicks while I cooked and cleaned, making sure they were where they were supposed to be, handling them, checking brooder temps etc (I had to give him a job, he was driving me nuts this morning). After dinner, I'm on the phone with my mom letting her know I hatched out a new batch and 3 of them would look like her shih-tzu in a few months, she knew exactly what I hatched when I said that
gig.gif
Hubby decided to take a nap while I was on the phone.

Once he got up he brings in the smallest silkie with a strange look on his face and proceeds to ask.....

"I like these silkies. Think we can just raise them instead of all the rest of the breeds?"

th.gif

Oh, that is so funny! You should post some pics!! My daughter has been begging, BEGGING us to get a silkie. I believe we wouldn't be to get just one.

We have six silkie eggs under one of our broody bantam cochins Fiffie, they have been under her 10 days now and I can't wait for them to hatch!!! I have been researching what to do once they hatch because they are still in the main coop with the other 3 bantam hens. My hubby thinks I'm chick crazy because thats all I seem to talk to him about at the moment, and I was thinking of building them a broody box for mumma hen and her eggs or putting a lip on the nesting box so when the chicks hatch they won't fall down the 30 cm drop and putting a ramp in for when they do go down from the nesting box so they can get back up. I'm still really worried about the other hens attacking the chicks when they arrive.

I have no Idea what colour ours are going to be but I can wait to see!!! I just had a look at your 3 lil ones and they are so adorable
love.gif

Last edited:
my hubby pretty much stays away from my silkies... my two barred rock babies are thoe ones he has gotten attached to(we call them our red neck parrots)

Yeah silkies can do that so you better watch your back (It's too late for me)
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom