The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Hi everyone. This is our only silver laced Wyandotte, purchased as a chick and now roughly 8 weeks old. I am pretty certain it is a roo, can anyone confirm please? He is the favourite of all our chooks so if he is I think we will need to hope he is quiet!

Hmmmm......I am thinking this is either a SLW mix or possibly something entirely non-SLW related at all - rather than "lacing" this bird appears to have markings more closely resembling "spangles" (ie on the chest) - and even that is more just the closest word I can think off at the moment than anything else. Did this bird come from a hatchery or a private source?

Does anyone have pics of any 5 week old Foley bred silver chicks?????
I have a couple and seems like they are super slow to feather out. Is that normal for that bloodline?
Thanks

Hmmmm......I am thinking this is either a SLW mix or possibly something entirely non-SLW related at all - rather than "lacing" this bird appears to have markings more closely resembling "spangles" (ie on the chest) - and even that is more just the closest word I can think off at the moment than anything else.  Did this bird come from a hatchery or a private source?

It was from a private seller who claimed to only sell purebreds. She has a pretty bug setup and a large number of birds so I trusted her. Obviously I got fooled? We only keep pets and we dont breed them so I supposed it is no big deal to us but its still disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom