The Sizzle Thread!

Hi!!  I got a Calico Splash roo that is going to his new home tomorrow.  I have too many!  And we are sharing custody of him so thats really cool!  I got a splash Frizzled sizzle that has one reddish feather on her chest.  A blue frizzled Sizzle, A smooth splash sizzle pretty sure she is a girl, and a Blue Smooth Sizzle. All Sheri's

Aww that's the color I was hoping to get from her. Do you have any pictures of him?? Her calicos are beautiful.

Hatch day for my Sheri eggs is tomorrow, & I have TWO pips!!!!!

I am so excited for you!! Post pics!

Aww that's the color I was hoping to get from her. Do you have any pictures of him?? Her calicos are beautiful.

He's beautiful! He's going to my friends house today to stay with a group of NN Turkins. We are sharing custody. Lol. I didn't want to have to give him up, he's so beautiful. But I have so many Roos! Hey. Any chance you want a beautiful 4 month old Red Roo by Bobbi Porto??

I am so excited for you!! Post pics!
He's beautiful! He's going to my friends house today to stay with a group of NN Turkins. We are sharing custody. Lol. I didn't want to have to give him up, he's so beautiful. But I have so many Roos! Hey. Any chance you want a beautiful 4 month old Red Roo by Bobbi Porto??

I really don't have a use for reds, I'm trying to concentrate on my blues/splash right now. Those are the only colors I raise. As much I'd like to add another roo right now I have 6 babies growing out that in waiting to see who is what because I'm sure I'll end up with Roos I don't need as well. But I will definitely keep you in mind in the future!

Right now I have 2 little sizzle babies in the bator. 1 isn't lookin too good. Has a swollen, bloody thing hanging from it. Can't get a good enough look to decide if its the umbilical. There is still another egg pipped, so really don't want to open the bator, but may have to to check him/her out. The other one I assisted after it had been 28 hours since I'd noticed it had pipped, idk how long it had been that way for sure. But when I peeled away the shell, it still had veins not dried up, so I put it back in for a few hrs. The membrane started shrinking, so I got it out and peeled back what I could, then put it back wig a wet paper towel. It FINALLY finished getting itself out. Lol It has the biggest feet!!!!!! I'll post pics when I get em all out. Hoping for many more!

I really don't have a use for reds, I'm trying to concentrate on my blues/splash right now. Those are the only colors I raise. As much I'd like to add another roo right now I have 6 babies growing out that in waiting to see who is what because I'm sure I'll end up with Roos I don't need as well. But I will definitely keep you in mind in the future!

I hear ya! I'm gonna need to find homes and would like to find a few more nice pullets for the boys I want to keep. Maybe a nice partridge or white. A splash girl to go with my fantastic splash boys!

Right now I have 2 little sizzle babies in the bator. 1 isn't lookin too good. Has a swollen, bloody thing hanging from it. Can't get a good enough look to decide if its the umbilical. There is still another egg pipped, so really don't want to open the bator, but may have to to check him/her out. The other one I assisted after it had been 28 hours since I'd noticed it had pipped, idk how long it had been that way for sure. But when I peeled away the shell, it still had veins not dried up, so I put it back in for a few hrs. The membrane started shrinking, so I got it out and peeled back what I could, then put it back wig a wet paper towel. It FINALLY finished getting itself out. Lol It has the biggest feet!!!!!! I'll post pics when I get em all out. Hoping for many more!

I'm sending good luck your way. Hope everyone makes it! Keep us posted.

It might not have absorbed its yolk entirely, and sometimes when they come out like that and start flailing, they pull the cord off and it bleeds and looks awful. I just leave them in the bator and let them rest and finish absorbing. They're usually fine after they get themselves together.

Can't wait to see pictures
big_smile.png

It drie
It might not have absorbed its yolk entirely, and sometimes when they come out like that and start flailing, they pull the cord off and it bleeds and looks awful. I just leave them in the bator and let them rest and finish absorbing. They're usually fine after they get themselves together.

Can't wait to see pictures :D

It dried out and was sticking to stuff so I tied it off close to the chick and cut off the excess. Its still balled up like its still in the egg, so idk.

My other one is beautiful and looks amazing, EXCEPT, it doesn't seem to be able to walk. Its legs are infront of it and it scoots around on its bottom. :/ Idk what to do bout that one!

I picked up all my babies today! (Long story don't ask! LOL) I haven't seen them in weeks. Here I took a picture tonight of my Frizzled Silkie, one of the Frizzled Sizzles and a Splash Smooth and Blue Smooth:

The first three are all Splash but will probably be very light as far as markings go because they are from my Splash Frizzled Sizzle Roo over my two Splash Silkie hens. They were the only ones laying at the time and I was eager to hatch. The last one was 1 of 2 eggs I got from my Blue Silkie hen right before I set the eggs in the incubator. One was fertile, one wasn't. This one made it and I got a smooth blue.

So, we have 4 out so far! The one that couldn't walk is doing well, and the 3rd one that I wasn't sure earlier seems good. Still not sure about the 2nd one who pipped its vein, but its still kicking so far. And then there is 1 still drying that idk how it is yet. 1 more pip that I know of, but its not pipped in the air cell at all. Seems like I have several that didn't turn. I can hear one peeping from inside the shell all the way downstairs! :)

Back
Top Bottom