The sleeping chick pics thread!

I know this has nothing to do with the thread but it is sleeping!
EVERYTIME they wake up this eye doesn't open unless I gently touch the top of its head close to the eye. Any idea why?

Last edited:
I know this has nothing to do with the thread but it is sleeping!
EVERYTIME they wake up this eye doesn't open unless I gently touch the top of its head close to the eye. Any idea why?
Hatching goop has dried, I can see it on it's head, and may have 'glued' the eye shut.
Wipe eye area with soft cloth soaked in warm water to clean it off, might take a couple applications to get the job done.
Have had this happen, hard to see it on a black chick, poor thing couldn't see at all.

Hatching goop has dried, I can see it on it's head, and may have 'glued' the eye shut.
Wipe eye area with soft cloth soaked in warm water to clean it off, might take a couple applications to get the job done.
Have had this happen, hard to see it on a black chick, poor thing couldn't see at all.

Thank you I had no idea what was wrong it's slowing coming off now. Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!

I have a two-ish week old Barnevelder that worried me so much I judged her awake the first couple nights. LOL
I didn’t have my phone, but if she does it again tonight, I’ll definit take a picture. She leaves the Mama Heatpad to Dead Chick right outside it.
This makes sense, given that she’s the eldest and most feathered out, but boy did my heart drop!

Back
Top Bottom