The Smithies, the $5 "Ayam Cemani" black meat bird

The Barbezieux are extremely large birds. Much larger than any Jersey Giant I've had. And the roosters are not nice. I do not house them with anyone else. That being said, they are a meat bird so agressive roosters are easily dealt with if you don't mind butchering your birds. I have not eaten any of them yet but once I decide who I'm keeping I certainly will.

My first Smithie!

I am half kidding. These are either 75/25 or 50/50 Cemani. But they look 'half' way decent!

The three outside of the basket are my ACXs

Last edited:
In fact, AC and any other black boned breeds, are no more than just a meat chicken to somebody. :)

A chicken by any other name, is still a chicken and I or some one/body/thing will eat them
lau.gif

Ok, I have to give you props for the Smithies! I have been stalking the Svart Hona thread because I really like the looks of an all black chicken, but I could never see myself paying that kind of cash for birds. We live on a farm, so our birds (while a few are pets or favorites) are pretty utilitarian. I love that you are working on a poor man's black chicken! Now I will stalk this thread instead and keep up with the happenings of the Smithies! Good idea and good job!!! Love the "make it do" attitude!

Back
Top Bottom