THE SMOKERS QUIT CAMPAIGN - ADDITONAL NOTES

I hope everyone is doing great!
smile.png

Last edited:
Well here I am.......from Monday I am starting my 3 a day weaning....i am still doing OK....

Come one all your Quitters please update your progress...even if you have fallen off the Quitters Train let us know, you can still jump back on board.......

Quitters Unite ...............

i quit about 2 weeks a ago ( before joining forum) doing great dont desire 1 in the least i am currently taken welbutrin
for the moodyness that goes with quitting has made me a more tolerable person. I know a lot of people dont think highly of it, but it sure has helped me

Thanks you 2 for updating
smile.png
keep up the great work
thumbsup.gif

and yes everyone else please update! it's ok if you have falling off the train that's normal. but please come back to update things so that we can all talk about it together
smile.png

I have been a very bad girl. I went from a pack a day down to nothing, up to three a day and now back up to 8-10 a day. What really blew it was a health scare for one of my daughters. Scared the u know what outta me and I smoked like a fiend that night.

I am still trying to convince myself I am doing better than before and on the road to progress but I am fooling myself most likely. I do still intend to quit though. Maybe just very slowly?
hmm.png

Quote:
Yhanks for the update....don't worry about falling off the cold turkey wagon...this is also why I went for the weaning method....
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I am back from my trip, and still going strong.

My uncle passed away at almost 91, and I had to go urgently to make arrangements. lol.... By UK terms it was a long way, across the country, and I was isolated in his home alone.

It gave me distraction and also took me back to my roots, as a non smoking girl...lol. I was a late starter.

I also had the example of my uncle who quit smoking a long long time ago and lived to this good age, whereas my father died aged 65, and was a smoker, looking at the family history gave me a new determination.

I also had a quiet week, no TV, no demands, so it was an extremely good time, apart from the sad cause of my isolation. But I spent it in making arrangements and celebrating the life of a strong and determined man.

I have to go back next week for his funeral, and I have to talk about his life, so it is keeping me focussed. I am also charged with taking his ashes home to Scotland later this year. It has been a very good experience for me, to review and value again his family and his life, and to appreciate the important people in my own life.

I was so glad to get home to my girls the day before yesterday, and I really know Iwill succeed this time.

Best wishes to all of you and remember there are many things that will trip you up along the way, but look for the positive and stay strong and determined to live a good life, and value yourself.

Jena. x

Back
Top Bottom