The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone!

I had to go in to work last night to care for a dog that is there for Rabies quarantine for biting someone, and contracted Parvo while at the pound-
cant stress enough to get your dogs their vaccines. This dog is five years old.

That said, nothing like being closed up in an iso room alone with a huge 67 pound dog growling at you and you have to get his temperature...
ep.gif

In other news- my fish tank filter died. It truly bums me out. Will replace when I can. Glad that my fish will live until I get a new one *or two*.
Its moments like this that I am glad they are not saltwater.
I LOVE salt water tanks- I have always wanted one. With Seahorses.

Anyone ever have a saltwater tank? I think it would have been so cool to have one with a "Dory and Nemo" when my kids were small.

Good Morning everyone!

I had to go in to work last night to care for a dog that is there for Rabies quarantine for biting someone, and contracted Parvo while at the pound-
cant stress enough to get your dogs their vaccines. This dog is five years old.

That said, nothing like being closed up in an iso room alone with a huge 67 pound dog growling at you and you have to get his temperature...
ep.gif

In other news- my fish tank filter died. It truly bums me out. Will replace when I can. Glad that my fish will live until I get a new one *or two*.
Its moments like this that I am glad they are not saltwater.
I LOVE salt water tanks- I have always wanted one. With Seahorses.

Anyone ever have a saltwater tank? I think it would have been so cool to have one with a "Dory and Nemo" when my kids were small.

Years ago, long before I lived on this farm, long before I rescued, bred and raised reptiles...I was given a bet. That I could run my mom's day care without beating the tar out of my sister...whom no one likes lol. I won the bet, was given $100. I spent a whole day shopping, trying to figure out what to spend that money on. Long story short, I ended up with a small 30 gallon fish tank and 11 fish. That eventually became 4 fish tanks in my bedroom. I kept those going, even when I got married and had kids. My son was in class with the grandson of the owner of a very large pet store in town and I began selling tropical fish to them. The co-owner taught me about salt water fish and I built my own tank...then 2...then 5. I made quite a bit of money doing that til one day I went to a reptile show with a guy I was dating...who was from Australia. He purchased my first Bearded Dragon for me and I started breeding them. The tanks were too much to do by then with two kids so I sold them and stayed with the reptile thing for 12 years.

Salt water tanks are a LOT of work. Things like circulation and filtration, using the wrong water, diseases, fish that don't go together, using the wrong food are just some of the issues I found when teaching people how to keep a saltwater tank. Honestly, the bigger the easier it is believe it or not. Still, keeping on top of water quality what takes up the most time. I never recommended it to anyone who worked or went to school a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom