The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzzy - That's what you get for rushing the season! No Pumpkin pies until Thanksgiving! It's a rule!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
I stopped drinking pop a week ago! Just stopped. I was drinking a liter or more a day... It was not good!
I found it much easier to drink just water after a day or two! I found myself craving fruit again! (Probably because I was getting all my sugar from pop)
I was doing really well on not wanting any until last night. I did not cave!
I hope to lose some weight too!

Mom2 I agree with Fuzzy. It probably is the stress. I hope you get to relax a little.

Olive, how's that pup of yours doing?

He's a monster! An absolute monster. He's 30ish lbs of excitement every single waking moment of his life, doesn't know where his big clod-hopping feet are 99.9% of the time, wants to chew on anything he can find, thinks counter surfing is a sport, and whole-heartedly believes all people were placed on the earth to rub his belly. At almost six months old he's worse now than he was as a tiny puppy.

BUT, he's also starting to turn on and that's a beautiful and highly gratifying thing to watch. He's helped move a few shoats a couple times and seems to have it. Once we wrap up the next couple months we'll probably start him lightly to see what we're working with and then go from there late winter/early spring.

He's brilliant and exhausting. LOL!

Fuzzy - That's what you get for rushing the season!  No Pumpkin pies until Thanksgiving!  It's a rule!  :plbb

:idunno   What, you mean it's NOT a breakfast staple?  LOL

I am still working on the ultimate pie recipe to wow my relatives with for the T-day dinner.

Why don't you send some down here and I'll critique them? Lol, I might be kinda a hard judge though, since BOTH great grandma's spoiled me rotten on pie lol

The libby's recipe uses approximately 3 c. pumpkin to 1 1/2 c. milk, 4 eggs. Great, but a tad to squishy for me.

I make my pies in a skillet, so it's tricky to get a recipe together that will work for that. Also, it must be cooked at 350 only, so all my pies are interchangeable if i want to bake more than one at once, and to add to that i want everything to be compatible with home canning, which is done in 2c and 4c increments. Phew.

But i think i got it, now i need to work on the spice blend.............(Also trying to restrict myself to using only the cheapo spices that are typically sold for $1, i want my cookbook to be cheap everyday cooking so it's not so intimidating to newbs. :)

My last pie used 2 c each of pumpkin and milk, 4 eggs. I thought that was a good balance, nice and creamy without having a babyfood texture. It also allows more wiggle-room for extra liquid, if you are using fresh pumpkin :) (perhaps an extra egg, haven't tried fresh yet.)

Last edited:
My last pie used 2 c each of pumpkin and milk, 4 eggs. I thought that was a good balance, nice and creamy without having a babyfood texture.  It also allows more wiggle-room for extra liquid, if you are using fresh pumpkin  :)  (perhaps an extra egg, haven't tried fresh yet.)

I think the only way to be sure would be if you sent me a few lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom