The Southern Bell Special Chicken Tractor!! I've gone & done it...PICS

Djackjr,
Go to the home page of BYC. Look in the chicken coop section. There is a link that has some really cool ones.
My DH, Dad-inlaw, and Bro-inlaw built this one for me out of scrap wood and such as a surprise gift.
I did the paint job...the easy part!

14081_pict1884.jpg

Last edited:
Cool tractor, Nerfy!
Thanks so much for all the kind remarks! I will have current pics up later on today with any luck
smile.png
It has been a interesting project to say the very least...lol

Last edited:
13220_chickentractor_004.jpg

13220_chickentractor_005.jpg

I have now put on the door to the nesting box inside for easy egg gathering and the frame for the roof which will be tin. I have attached a frame to the front for a run and painted it as well as added the lever board to the back which will recieve the wheels later on. I still have to finish the paint and then I can proceed with wire, roof and trim work as well as wheels and a door for the run. All in all I am pretty well satisfied with it but would have prefered to have all new materials instead of scaps to work with. I would not have had to piece the back instead of making it one solid wall. Oh well, we have to make due with what we have
smile.png

Last edited:
Well everyone, it's finished except for a coat of paint on the entry door!
woot.gif
I'll get some pics tomorrow. The Orps are in residense and they seem very happy with the new digs. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom