The start of my coop (Updated Pictures 6/18/08)

How did you attach the slider window (is that plexiglass?) to the wood that doubles as its handle?

Great job on the coop! Looks comfy for the chickies and easy to clean for the people.

For those interested in sliding plexiglass set-ups, here is a sliding plexiglass window that slides between two wood "tracks" (top and bottom). The plexiglass is on the inside, the hardware cloth screen is what you see from the outside. Our windows are deep-set, so rain leakage was not a problem.

2085948645_500bdab2e1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Some where on here I saw this idea for the window . Not sure how they did it but i just drilled holes in the plexiglass and used screws But don't tighten them to much or you will crack the plexiglass .
hmm.png

regards
will

For the flooring of your coop, do you only have one support "bean" under the flooring or none at all? do you have any picture of the base before you put the flooring on??

I'm trying to figure out how to make my coop base which will also be 4x4

Quote:
Anny ,

If you look at my first pictures ( sorry a little out of focus ) I framed the base just like the back wall it is a little over kill but I put a board every 16in. then put a 4 feet x 4 feet sheet of ply wood on top . Hope this helps feel free to ask if you have more question I will do my best to help . I you need me to take a better picture or one of the base let me know I can do it tonight when I get home I am almost done all I need to do now is paint .

will

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom