The story of Winnie and Luci!

SUPER DUCKS!!!
love.gif
that one should be new avatar
smile.png
Yes. good idea! I am going to print it out and frame it :D Hehe

@CalBells - Awwww. I wish mine would snuggle with me even if it is only for treats! Mine grab the mealworms from my hand and run off! Haha. Hopefully they will.. How do you manage letting the mum sit on the eggs? Mine keep making nests but I have to put them in at night so they can't sit on them :(

@Orca5094 - They are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to hatch some Cayuga mixes! Going to save for a new incubator first though.

Sorry for spamming photos but have to share this one. Only taken on the Iphone but I adore it!!

Wow what a wonderful picture! Getting so low really makes those two look huge :)

My ducks have access to the coop during the day so I was lucky and had one girl go broody in the nest box. After we put the fertile eggs under her we started locking our other girls in their old coop further away each night so she wouldn't be disturbed by them at night. They didn't bug her too much during the day, preferring to be outside in their run. Once we got close to hatch day we made a separate run off the side door to the coop so the babies were safe.

@CalBells - Awwww. I wish mine would snuggle with me even if it is only for treats! Mine grab the mealworms from my hand and run off! Haha. Hopefully they will.. How do you manage letting the mum sit on the eggs? Mine keep making nests but I have to put them in at night so they can't sit on them :(

@Orca5094 - They are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to hatch some Cayuga mixes! Going to save for a new incubator first though.

Sorry for spamming photos but have to share this one. Only taken on the Iphone but I adore it!!

Good idea about the new incubator. You don't need any more heartache, you poor thing! Also, LOVE this new pic and it does make a perfect avatar. ^-^

@Miss Lydia - I will do!! Ha ha ha. That would be hilarious.. and a little cape on!! :')

@CalBells - Awwww. How lucky! If mine made a nest in the coop, I would let her sit on it but she keeps doing it outside . I think when we build all the enclosures it will be a lot easier as I will be able to seperate mummy from other ducks too. Broody ducks are so cute. I find if fascinating how they make their little nests.

@Orca5094 - Thank you Orca! It was only taken with a good ol' Iphone. Who needs a professional camera ey! I hope it was the incubator and nothing I did wrong anyway. I knit bears so the money I make from them will go towards a good incubator :)

Hello everyone!
So Winnie and Luci are 3 weeks old on Sunday. They have grown so much. Where the heck have my tiny wee babies gone?! Haha

Love them to bits. They are outside now in a bigger run .. I have put their heater in there too so they are still warm. They seem much happier now they have more room to run around !

Hello everyone!
So Winnie and Luci are 3 weeks old on Sunday. They have grown so much. Where the heck have my tiny wee babies gone?! Haha

Love them to bits. They are outside now in a bigger run .. I have put their heater in there too so they are still warm. They seem much happier now they have more room to run around !
They are both beautiful , and my gosh they have grown.

Back
Top Bottom