the sultan thread

I had mallards years ago when my kids were little - they're great & good parents!  And the little duckies would peep peep peep!!
I'll be in touch if we don't get any chicks hatched this year - we'll be expanding our coop & would like to have more Sultans :) I never imagined a chicken could be so personable.  I cleaned the caked in dust from their nostrils today & they were so good.  Looking forward to Fair time - just the 2 from your place, as Mavis must've had frost bite on her toes before we got her & her feet aren't perfect -

Let me know how you do at the fair. I will post some pictures tomorrow of the rest of my fock

I have a happy Sultan family of 2 hens & a rooster and they're very much "in love" - We're planning on hatching this spring for the Easter Egg hatchalong event, but have never tried to incubate our eggs before so not even sure whether they're fertile.  I see the little "bulls eye" on the yolks when we crack them open, but nothing very convincing (we put them in the 'fridge as soon as they're laid, so maybe the bulls eye just never progresses?)  So can't guarantee you'll successfully hatch little Sultans from our eggs, but it would be fun to try.

Anyway, if someone knows the key to safe egg shipping, I'd be happy to send you some & see what happens :) 

If anyone can tell me how to ship eggs (can I just put them in an egg container & pack the box with lots of bubble wrap?) please let me know.   

It would be fun to see if Cupcake, CreamPuff and Mavis can have relatives out west so we can come visit escape the cold some winter (jk ;) )

:yiipchick  

I already ordered some, but thank you!

I'm so excited my hubby got me 2 Sultan's and a blue Polish. The polish was more for him but its all good for me. :) I have been wanting Sultan's for some time now. I don't know their gender but have given name's.Willow at the top of the pic. and Fern .
And I know it not a Sultan but I just have to share. I'm just so excited about finally getting them. George the polish

I'm so excited my hubby got me 2 Sultan's and a blue Polish. The polish was more for him but its all good for me.
smile.png
I have been wanting Sultan's for some time now. I don't know their gender but have given name's.Willow at the top of the pic. and Fern . And I know it not a Sultan but I just have to share. I'm just so excited about finally getting them. George the polish

Adorable! I've noticed the more yellow sultans are males. My two darker yellow sultan chicks turned out to be males and my whiter, mostly white sultan chick was a female. If you give me more pictures I may be able to tell, but don't put ALL of your faith in me;)

Adorable! I've noticed the more yellow sultans are males. My two darker yellow sultan chicks turned out to be males and my whiter, mostly white sultan chick was a female. If you give me more pictures I may be able to tell, but don't put ALL of your faith in me;)
Willow is much yellower then Fern is. Furn has a more of a blue on her back. If that makes any sense. I will get some more pic.s this evening. And see if I can get it to show up. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom