the sultan thread

Can any of you help me with ny 2 new sultan's? Both are very wobbly trying to walk keep falling ans shaking non stop. They are on mediated food and getting vitamin supplements in water. I have had many chicks befor but never sultan's and never this. The are about 4weeks old. I have only had them a week as of yesterday. Thank you so much for any help

Usually they shake and don't stand much when they're cold. Do they have a red bulbed heat lamp?

yes they have a new red heat lamp. I use the same kind for all my chicks
they have been trying to walk but fall on their face. If I move them close to each other they will try to move a way. There is a young polish with them and she seems to be fine

That's really odd. I'd get a farm vet, this could be serious.
Thank you ColorParakeet for all your help over the last week. Sultan's have been my dream. I just got off the phone with our vet and am making a call to the state vet as suggested by our vet. I hope everything work's out for the best. Fingers crossed

Thank you ColorParakeet for all your help over the last week. Sultan's have been my dream. I just got off the phone with our vet and am making a call to the state vet as suggested by our vet. I hope everything work's out for the best. Fingers crossed

You're welcome! Sultans are my life and I need to help when I can. I hope all goes well!

ColorParakeet I see you are in Oregon. I'm from the Eugene area. Now residing in Florida. But Oregon will always be home to me. It's like a hole nother country out here. Most of the people out here who ask me were I'm from ask what country thats in. I can't help but be smart and ask if they finished school.
An update on the little sultan's they seem to be doing a little better this evening. Nither is shaking and are not falling but still real unsteady on their feet. I'm still wanting on a call back from the state vet

Back
Top Bottom