THE SWAP THREAD "APRIL"

I understand that not everyone is a breeder. If that is the case, then why would someone who breeds mixed breeds expect to get pure breeds? That is why some who have pure breeds are getting mixed. No one here expects to get show quality in this swap, but we were given instructions to put what we have (pure or mixed) and what we wanted (pure of mixed) therefore we assumed that it meant that is what we would get. But I understand the problem if everyone, including the ones with mixed eggs, asked for pure breeds. It just wont work that way. And I feel I had every right to bow out which I did.

Marie

You have every right to but you guys make it sound like mixed breed chickens are poison when there are many that people here enjoy.No one should be able to ask for something that they can't supply and that would solve the problem.This is suppose to be a fun swap to share with others.

Well I would be one of the ones that has mixed large (the only one's laying) and asked for pure bantam
tongue.png
The rules didn't say anything about if you had mixed you had to ask for mixed. My partner could get pure or mixed . I have both in one pen.

Ok I can DEFINATELY see where this is starting to get offensive to the people who headed up this month's swap AND those who participated as well...so if you're not happy, I am sorry on behalf of everyone. Let's move on with it. I for one enjoy it, and would love for it to continue on...perhaps the secret part (which seems to already have flown the coop) could be eliminated and that would solve alot of this?? THoughts?

I am sorry too and I am also offended. I have not said that mixed chickens were not just as good as purebreeds, I just said that I did not want any and that is why I did not request them. I don't appreciate being reemed out because I chose to bow out of the swap. I did not say anything offensive to anyone including the people who so graciously helped with the swap. I hold no ill feelings toward them and agree that we should move on. If in the future anyone disagrees with something I have said, they can PM me and we don't have to put it all out for everyone to see. We are all different and we should be more understanding and know that we can sometimes read things into what someone types or misunderstand. Again, thanks to all who helped with the swap and I hope everyone gets something great.

Marie

Quote:
No its not in the rules. I should not have been a problem but there are a lot of people with mixed and most asked for pure. there were 38 or 39 folks in this thing
th.gif
I was supposed to have help (like I said before) but her comp. broke sooooo........everyone just try to have fun and lets hatch lots of little chickies ok
jumpy.gif

it's a secret swap stop complaining. hatch out the eggs and give the chicks away. I have both pure and mixed and sure I like to get pure but I don't have a problem getting mix. plenty of people out there that will take them. that's my 2 cent.

Back
Top Bottom