THE SWAP THREAD "MARCH"

i got my eggies just now!!!! from a grace in OK. i got 8 millie and porceilan d'uccle eggs and 2 were broke but 6 made it perfect. we r totally excited, thank you so much!!
jumpy.gif
we need d'uccle breeders to add to ours we already have, this is to kool!!
wee.gif

thank you!!
silkie

you sent your Monday? They should have gotten them by now, that is strange. Did you use priority? The stupid PO probably lost them. Glad you got yours Mary. I just got a few Mille Fluer d'Uccles too and a few seramas and a few white silkies. I was not planning to do white yet due to having to build another coop, but it was a private swap and I took them. So I guess I will have to go on and get some of yours soon huh? Good luck with your eggs.

Marie

if u sent mon, usually they get to places on thurday but depending on location from- to it may be fri or sat when they get them. i put trck#'s on mine so incase i get worried i can go check to make sure where it is. if it's not in today it should be tomarrow they get it.

i have always sent from here taken 2-3 days tops but i have gotten 1 box shipped in it took 5 days to get here and i still got a great hatch even with cold weather. eggs should always be sent via priority mail or express but express is very expensive.

marie,
we were just saying a few days ago we needed to get more d'uccles, rotfl. talk about a perfect set of swap eggs to get in!!! my 2 smallest serama babies died last night after i went to sleep. i think the others pushed them out and were runnning them over. i tried to syringe feed them and seperated them but it was too late nothing i could do to save them as they were just to little and very tiny babies to begin with but i was hopeing they would make it. by looks they would have been size little A so i expected possible problems with them. the rest r looking good though.

i have a dz+ of whites to get out again after that i'm caught up on orders fr them. anytime ya need eggs i'm a pm away,lol. i got a wht showgirl egg yesterday so i'm doing the happy dance finally they r starting to lay,lol.
thanks,
silkie

Well I hope you get lots of hatches and I hope that the rest of your babies do ok. Sorry about the losses, it is tough. I will let you know when I need the white silkies. Tell those girls to keep on laying and for the black girls to get to work.

Marie

thanks i do too and am crossing my fingers cause i need breeders bad for that breed.

i'm not to upset about looseing those 2 cause i knew from hatch it was gonna be very hard for them to make it. their bodies were mabe as big around as a nickle so when i said tiny i was not kidding as they were smaller than any button quails i have hatched through all of last year. i have never hatched anything that little before i knew they'd be high risk but i tried to save them it was just to hard with such itty bitties. i still have little ones but not quite so small they r doing fine. i still have 22 serama babies.

i have EE eggs i'm hatching now for a friend. i think there is 8 eggs in one bator with 3 pips so far. the other one i have 4 cuckoo marans, 9 LF w/c black polish and tonight i'll set the 4 millie and 2 porcelain d'uccles. then i have 5 brooders of babies going also, rotfl yep it's a full house here too.

my blues and blacks adults r all smooth sizzles i don't have regular silkies or showgirls in those colors. in babies i have them in bantam frizzled cochin and orps and i have a lemmon blue giant cochin.

I just discovered my guys DIDN'T quit laying...they just moved their darn nest! So I will ge my eggs in the mail Sat!
Kristi

Back
Top Bottom