The tag said Cinnamon Queen

CluckinBell

Chirping
Mar 20, 2018
Fredericksburg, VA, US
My daughter picked the last "cinnamon queen" out of the sexed bin at TSC. Now, at 3 weeks, this is what Cleo looks like:
PicsArt_03-20-11.13.45.jpg PicsArt_03-20-11.15.52.jpg

Which is completely different from my Golden Comet, which is supposed to be the same thing, if I'm reading the internet correctly. The colors are off because heat lamp, but she's red and white.
IMG_20180320_230640.jpg

Can there be that much variation? Or is Cleo something else?

I am a little worried.... I think the comb is already looking pretty pink... which makes me think male :oops:

Also, that comb looks like a rose comb.. a cinnamon queen would not have a rose comb....

soooooo... what is it?

Well, is that really a rose comb? (a little hard for me to tell in the photo).

If yes to the rose comb... maybe it is a golden laced Wyandotte

A couple of things. 1st it is perfectly safe to remove them from the heat or turn off the heat like for the time it's going to take to get a good photo without distortion from the red light. This is very helpful when asking for identification based on a photo.
That being said, no Cleo is not a cinnamon Queen. Cleo is feathering in in a pattern that is common to more than a couple of breeds and/or crosses. In the next few weeks a solid breed identification will be possible.

You're in the "ugly duckling" stage right now of feather growth...not cute chick down, and not adult feathers, so things can still change quite a bit.

I too see a rose comb, which indicates this is not a Cinnamon Queen, which is another formula for Red Star.

It also had to much chipmunk style down as a chick...usually CQ's, RSLs, and such are solid foxy red, with *maybe* a little faint chipmunk shade of darker foxy red down the back.

Not sure what it is yet. TSC is notorious for mixing bins and birds.

Lofmc

I am a little worried.... I think the comb is already looking pretty pink... which makes me think male :oops:

Also, that comb looks like a rose comb.. a cinnamon queen would not have a rose comb....

soooooo... what is it?

Well, is that really a rose comb? (a little hard for me to tell in the photo).

If yes to the rose comb... maybe it is a golden laced Wyandotte
Not GLW. They have splotchy faces, not stripey.
upload_2018-3-20_23-41-4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom