The things I never thought I'd say...

"I'm not your daddy, and I don't feed you popcorn"

Spoken to our Jack Russell Terrier, Bella, who was giving me the "eye" wanting popcorn... when she knows it's her daddy (hubby) who indulges her. Otherwise, she doesn't get people food!

Our house is another, "It's my turn in the dog crate!" house.

But today, I yelled,"Honey, get the goats out of the hallway before they eat the wall!"
roll.png
DH looked at me like a ten year old and said, "They followed me home."
lau.gif

"Thank God! It's Monday!"

"I see. Well, I guess the dog really did eat your homework, huh?" -Said after a child brings the shredded remains of her adaptation project.

"Captain Hair, please give Squid back his bass."

"I had to get the poptart out of the VCR."

"Seafloor spreading is like a big scab on your knee that's dried out and breaks open. It cracks, new material rises, and forms a new layer."

''That's an awful lot of death and destruction.'' -Me, after the milk fell out of the fridge and onto the floor.

''I wouldn't want to be the cause of a death.''

''It would be the coolest thing ever if the Wonder Pets were pink!!''

in a heated conversation DH says "I rest my case !" ...my reply "problem is that's all you do !"

Do you have family words that have meanings only family members would understand?

My DD told her best friend she was 'smoofy' ....friend said 'alrighty then' not knowing what was going to happen next LOL .....
then my DD realized that is not a real word but a family word for being sad or down or have a bad case of the blahs.

Last night at the dinner table my oldest daughter managed to convince everyone that if you licked someones elbow, the person being licked wouldnt feel it....

And so I found myself yelling "everybody stop licking each other!!"

Family words:

for desserts - Happy Days , my 11 year old just realized that this is not the term others use for dessert - the younger two still think it normal.

I have a friend who's entire family refers to iced water as "cowboy water"

"please stop eating my shirt" spoken to my goat when I was out in their pen.

My whole family has different words, and we all know what they mean. Some of the most used ones are:

reflection- infection

Ikly- sick

Back
Top Bottom