the things your chickens WILL NOT eat

cracked corn and cantaloupe go figure
tongue2.gif

This is very interesting. It's odd how different flocks can be.

Mine will not touch broccoli, yogurt (unless I mix it with oats), eggplant. They will eat bananas, but it’s not a favorite. They’re not crazy over cantaloupe, but they do like watermelon.

They love tomatoes. They love worms and absolutely ANYTHING moving that they can catch. I found one of those huge caterpillars on our tomato plants and threw it to my hens. They tore it apart.

we havent put much energy into trying stuff except what was already in our yard. We lost all our peaches to racoons, so the chickens didnt get to try any. They LOVE, LOVE tomatoes and their leaves, they like apple, but they had nothing to do with the pears. I have not tried anything from inside the house yet.
idunno.gif

My hens will eat just about anything moving or not and in range! My son (unknown by me) put a frog in their run and it was torn asunder in seconds. They do not like apples (no seeds), celery or green beans.

After a getting to know each other these last few months, a couple of them will eat freeze-dried meal worms out of my hand. They love them on top of yogurt! It's too bad the meal worms are so expensive or I'd treat them daily with those!!

Back
Top Bottom