The Three New Hens

Is it okay to let them free range, do you think? They’ve been in their pen a week. I generally let them out in a pen and enlarge it every few days so as to acclimate them to more area and coming home at night but I don’t have any available fencing right now.
I'd let them out maybe 30 minutes before dusk and keep an eye on them, then increase the time a little everyday

The pullets have learned to roost, but the biddies still want to get under Jenny. She has a lot more patience than I have, but finally got a bit tired of them climbing on her and administered a couple light pecks. Nonetheless, it’s so cute to see them cuddling together!
They put their heads under her 🤣

For the next week, it will be low temps of 30. Is this too cold for the little biddies? This is a picture of their house; the run has plastic on the sides so there’s no direct wind.

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 4
Updated photos of the Biddies (they’re called the Biddies to distinguish them from the Hens, who are all almost two years old):

Jenny (est. 21 weeks)​
IMG_4857.jpeg

Dolores (17 weeks)​
IMG_4860.jpeg

Vivienne (17 weeks)​
IMG_4864.jpeg

Evangeline saying hi to Jenny​
IMG_4850.jpeg

I feel like there should be more comb/wattle development by now…Or do they look to be about right?

Updated photos of the Biddies (they’re called the Biddies to distinguish them from the Hens, who are all almost two years old):

Jenny (est. 21 weeks)​
View attachment 3722971

Dolores (17 weeks)​
View attachment 3722972

Vivienne (17 weeks)​
View attachment 3722973

Evangeline saying hi to Jenny​
View attachment 3722975
I feel like there should be more comb/wattle development by now…Or do they look to be about right?
They're so big now
What do they think about the snow?

Back
Top Bottom