The time has come

Hello, Tony, and welcome to BYC. Generally the quicker they are moved outside the easier/better it is.
This was my hope as well (and still clinging to it). I figured getting them in early June would put us into the warmer weather and get them out there sooner. But we are getting some weird night here, high 50s/low 60s consistently, and only going up mid-70s during the day. Gorgeous weather for me, not so much the little fuzzies.

@janiedoe, per your request...Birds & Bunnies, Coop isn't built yet (I hope it isn't too small. I only ordered 4 birds and they sent me an extra)

Attachments

• Week 2 - escape artists.jpg
    Week 2 - escape artists.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190430_214313.jpg
    20190430_214313.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 1
This was my hope as well (and still clinging to it). I figured getting them in early June would put us into the warmer weather and get them out there sooner. But we are getting some weird night here, high 50s/low 60s consistently, and only going up mid-70s during the day. Gorgeous weather for me, not so much the little fuzzies.

@janiedoe, per your request...Birds & Bunnies, Coop isn't built yet (I hope it isn't too small. I only ordered 4 birds and they sent me an extra)
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Your weather is fine for them to be outside.
I must warn you that prefab coops almost never work our. They are too small for the amount of birds they say they will house, and rarely have enough ventilation. They usually aren't sturdy enough to keep predators out, either.
You need 1 sq foot of ventilation per chicken, 1' of roost space per chicken, and 3 to 4 sq ft of floor space for each bird, along with 10 to 15 sq ft for each, in the run. These requirements don't include the space for nests, feeders or waterers.
You can find a lot of diy coops on byc. Many are budget friendly.

@janiedoe I have been increasingly concerned the pre-made coop isn't going to suffice and I appreciate your input. It will have to do for the (hopefully) pullet stage while I get the use of my arm back (2 weeks post-op torn bicep tendon, another 8 to full ROM). But I will likely be building my own coop early fall for them. Can't wait to look through the plans here!

@janiedoe I have been increasingly concerned the pre-made coop isn't going to suffice and I appreciate your input. It will have to do for the (hopefully) pullet stage while I get the use of my arm back (2 weeks post-op torn bicep tendon, another 8 to full ROM). But I will likely be building my own coop early fall for them. Can't wait to look through the plans here!
I hope your recovery goes well!

Back
Top Bottom