The times you’ve gotten mad at your chickens....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Butterscotchbitesfinger, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Butterscotchbitesfinger

Butterscotchbitesfinger Free Ranging

Nov 2, 2018
    So have you ever yelled or screamed? Threaten to leave them out. I know I have, this is a thread you can share your stories on. Don’t feel embarrassed I’m sure we’ve all been there!
    I’ll go first:
    One evening I was all dressed up ready to go to a formal event when it hit me my chickens were still out so most were in the coop except for this one little pullet named butterscotch. Now I go to put her in the coop but no she bypasses the entry and does another lap. I start to get a bit angry, I’m in wedges probably not the best things to round chickens up in. Then when butterscotch finally goes in the coop and I go to shut the door, Sky bolts out but I shut the others in. And so it is a repeat of butterscotch. Eventually they both go in. Phew and let me tell you I was screaming at them by the end of that.

@Ducklover2 @sassysarah123 @Clubber1234 @Bamboohens @OldEnglishGameBantam33 @PollyGirl21 @Nats Chickens

2. Ducklover2

Ducklover2 Free Ranging

Apr 12, 2018
    Classified Information :P
    My chicken Petunia used to that every night.:mad:

3. Butterscotchbitesfinger

Nov 2, 2018
    Let me tell you it’s not fun when your going to be late because your chickens won’t come in.

4. SueT

SueT Free Ranging

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    My little Sunny likes to dodge me when it's time to go in. I have chased her multiple times a week, occasionally telling her she's a useless nuisance. She actually stayed out all night 3 times, unbeknownst to me, and lived to tell about it. Of course she's a little gem, but at times, I'd give her away to the first taker.
    sunny123.jpg

5. Butterscotchbitesfinger

Nov 2, 2018
    Sometimes if I let them, my chickens will actually roost in the trees because I cannot get them down.

SueT, sassysarah123 and HuffleClaw like this.
  6. Butterscotchbitesfinger

Nov 2, 2018
    HuffleClaw likes this.
  7. BGcoop

BGcoop Songster

Aug 5, 2018
    Soooo many times!!! Until I learned that they looooove dried meal worms so much that I now just have to show them a handful and they follow me right in. But the frustration of being late because they are being stubborn is real!
    Just This morning I was mildly miffed because while I was scraping off the poop board one of the girls kept pecking the back of my leg....despite me chasing her off every time she did it!

8. Butterscotchbitesfinger

Nov 2, 2018
    Yes I have 12 chickens in one coop and they all don’t like the same thing so I have to put out like half a dozen different seeds. :barnie

BGcoop, sassysarah and Ducklover2 like this.
  9. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Enabler

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
    Yes, I have. :oops:

10. Butterscotchbitesfinger

Nov 2, 2018
    How many times?:clap

sassysarah123 and HuffleClaw like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: