The times you’ve gotten mad at your chickens....

Butterscotchbitesfinger

Enabler
5 Years
Nov 2, 2018
NSW Australia
So have you ever yelled or screamed? Threaten to leave them out. I know I have, this is a thread you can share your stories on. Don’t feel embarrassed I’m sure we’ve all been there!
I’ll go first:
One evening I was all dressed up ready to go to a formal event when it hit me my chickens were still out so most were in the coop except for this one little pullet named butterscotch. Now I go to put her in the coop but no she bypasses the entry and does another lap. I start to get a bit angry, I’m in wedges probably not the best things to round chickens up in. Then when butterscotch finally goes in the coop and I go to shut the door, Sky bolts out but I shut the others in. And so it is a repeat of butterscotch. Eventually they both go in. Phew and let me tell you I was screaming at them by the end of that.

@Ducklover2 @sassysarah123 @Clubber1234 @Bamboohens @OldEnglishGameBantam33 @PollyGirl21 @Nats Chickens

My little Sunny likes to dodge me when it's time to go in. I have chased her multiple times a week, occasionally telling her she's a useless nuisance. She actually stayed out all night 3 times, unbeknownst to me, and lived to tell about it. Of course she's a little gem, but at times, I'd give her away to the first taker.
sunny123.jpg

Soooo many times!!! Until I learned that they looooove dried meal worms so much that I now just have to show them a handful and they follow me right in. But the frustration of being late because they are being stubborn is real!
Just This morning I was mildly miffed because while I was scraping off the poop board one of the girls kept pecking the back of my leg....despite me chasing her off every time she did it!

Soooo many times!!! Until I learned that they looooove dried meal worms so much that I now just have to show them a handful and they follow me right in. But the frustration of being late because they are being stubborn is real!
Just This morning I was mildly miffed because while I was scraping off the poop board one of the girls kept pecking the back of my leg....despite me chasing her off every time she did it!
Yes I have 12 chickens in one coop and they all don’t like the same thing so I have to put out like half a dozen different seeds. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom